A Generic Approach to Design and Querying of Multi-purpose Human Motion Database
The advancement of motion recording, analysis and synthesis techniques, together with the standardization of respective data formats, constitutes a solid foundation for research based on motion data sets in the context of various disciplines. However, most of the motion data sets available offer groups of files as acquired from the motion capture systems. The problem with such data is that it usually represents a single viewpoint, its context varies and is more or less implicit, and the lack of functionality implemented atop of such data set limits the data analysis and search potential. This encourages us to look at this problem domain from the database management systems (DBMS) state of the art point of view. In this paper, we outline some important aspects of applying a DBMS to motion data with the aim to provide a highly universal, extensible, shareable and searchable resource. To avoid being locked into a specific area of application, we take a very abstract view of the data and attempt to assure, a versatility and genericity of the resulting system.
KeywordsMotion capture multimedia databases structured data extendibility database management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Forbes, K., Fiume, E.: An efficient search algorithm for motion data using weighted pca. In: 2005 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics SCA, pp. 67–76 (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Ren, L.: Statistical Analysis of Natural Human Motion for Animation. PhD thesis, CMU (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Sakamoto, Y., Kuriyama, S., Kaneko, T.: Motion map: image-based retrieval and segmentation of motion data. In: 2004 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics SCA, pp. 259–266 (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, G., Zhang, J., Wang, W., McMillan, L.: A system for analyzing and indexing human-motion databases. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD, pp. 924–926 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Gaeorgia Tech: HID Database, http://www.cc.gatech.edu/cpl/projects/hid
- 11.CMU: Carnegie-Mellon Mocap Database, http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu
- 12.CASIA Gait Database, http://www.sinobiometrics.com
- 13.Animeeple Animation Software, http://www.animeeple.com
- 14.GAITABASE, http://gaitabase.rch.org.au
- 15.Prabhakaran, B.: Multimedia Database Management Systems. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Global Alliance WS-Resource Framework, http://www.globus.org/wsrf