Vector Median Splatting for Image Based Rendering
In the paper a method of missing data completion based on the vector median filtering is presented, which may be useful as an adaptive splatting algorithm for Image Based Rendering. Presented approach has been verified using some scanned face models rendered using the IBR method with the use of standard splatting and proposed method. Obtained results are promising and may be a starting point for further research related to the adaptive change of the splat weighting function, especially as a support for the real-time face recognition applications.
Keywordsimage based rendering splatting vector median filter image warping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Guan, X., Mueller, K.: Point-based Surface Rendering with Motion Blur. In: Eurographics Symposium on Point-Based Graphics (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.McMillan, L.: An Image-Based Approach to Three-Dimensional Computer Graphics. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Rheingans, P.: Expressive Volume Rendering. Journal of WSCG 12(1-3), 7–10 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Shade, J., Gortler, S., He, L., Szeliski, R.: Layered Depth Images. In: Proc. Int. Conf. SIGGRAPH 1998, pp. 231–242 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Viola, I., Kanitsar, A., Gröller, M.A.: Importance-Driven Volume Rendering. In: Proc. IEEE Visualization 2004, pp. 139–145 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Z., Simoncelli, E., Bovik, A.: Multi-Scale Structural Similarity for Image Quality Assessment. In: Proc. 37th IEEE Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA (2003)Google Scholar