Natural Language Processing Neural Network for Recall and Inference
In this paper, we propose a novel neural network which can learn knowledge from natural language documents and can perform recall and inference. The proposed network has a sentence layer, a knowledge layer, ten kinds of deep case layers and a dictionary layer. In the network learning step, connections are updated based on Hebb’s learning rule. The proposed network can handle a complicated sentence by incorporating the deep case layers and get unlearned knowledge from the dictionary layer. In the dictionary layer, Goi-Taikei, containing 400,000 words dictionary, is employed. Two kinds of experiments were carried out by using goo encyclopedia and Wikipedia as knowledge sources. Superior performance of the proposed neural network has been confirmed.
KeywordsNatural Language Processing Knowledge Source Question Answering Input Sentence Recall Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tamura, A., Anzai, Y.: Natural language processing system based on connectionist models. IPSJ 28(2), 202–210 (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.McClelland, J., Rumelhart, D.: Explorations in parallel distributed processing: a handbook of models, programs, and exercises. MIT Press, Cambridge (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Saito, M., Hagiwara, M.: Natural language processing neural network for analogical inference. IEICE Technical Report. NC. 108(480) , 1–6 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Kudo, T., Matsumoto, Y.: Japanese dependency analysis using cascaded chunking. In: CoNLL 2002: Proceedings of the 6th Conference on Natural Language Learning 2002 (COLING 2002 Post-Conference Workshops), pp. 63–69 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Watanabe, T., Ohta, M., Ohta, K., Ishikawa, H.: A page fusion method using case grammar. DBSJ 2004(72), 653–660 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Watanabe, T., Ohno, S., Ohta, M., Katayama, K., Ishikawa, H.: A Distinction Emphasis Multi-document Fusion Technique. In: DEWS 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Oishi, T., Matsumoto, Y.: Lexical knowledge acquisition for japanese verbs based on surface case pattern analysis. IPSJ 36, 2597–2610 (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Shirai, S., Ooyama, Y., Ikehara, S., Miyazaki, M., Yokoo, A.: Introduction to Goi-Taikei: A Japanese Lexicon. IPSJ SIG Notes 98, 47–52 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.NTT Resonant Inc.: goo dictionary, http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/
- 14.Wikipedians: Wikipedia, http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/