Navigation and Position Control of Underwater Vehicle ROSUB 6000
Remotely operated vehicles are the main tools in exploring and exploiting subsea resources. The design, development and implementation of navigation control algorithms for deepwater work class Remotely Operated Vehicle – ROSUB 6000 is described in detail in this paper. The objective of this paper is to present the mathematical formulation and dynamics of ROV along with simulation results towards perfect tuning of ROV motion control algorithms for all three angular motions heading, pitch and roll. In this paper, the derivation of algorithm and automatic control of nonlinear systems using reverse dynamic task theory is stated. The basic essential input and output parameters of algorithm are also described. The paper presents simulation results, tank test results and results of some initial sea trials.
KeywordsRemotely Operated Vehicle Navigation Control Mathematical Modeling Automatic Control Algorithms Reverse Dynamic Task Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fossen, T.I.: Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Whitcomb, L.L., Yoerger, D.R.: A New distributed Real-Time control system for the JASON underwater Robot. In: Proceedings of the 1993 IEEE IROS Conference, Tokyo, Japan (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Manecius Selvakumar, J., Atmanand, M.A., ILya, I.: EDBOE.: Mathematical Modeling of Dynamics of ROV and its Control Simulation at National Systems Conference conference-NSC-2006 organized jointly by National Institute of Oceanography (NIO, Goa) and Systems Society of India from, November 2- 4 (2006) Google Scholar
- 4.Manecius Selvakumar, J., Ramesh, R., Atmanand, M.A., Ramadass, G.A., Ramesh, S., Jayakumar, V.K., Muthukumaran, D.: Navigation Control System of Work |Class ROV – ROSUB 6000 at International Symposium on Ocean Electronics-SYMPOL 2007 Organized by Department of Electronics of Cochin University of Science and Technology Cochin from, December 11 - 14 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Manecius Selvakumar, J., Atmanand, M.A., Ramadass, G.A., et al.: Technology Tool For Deep Ocean Exploration – Remotely Operated Vehicle. In: Twentieth International Offshore (Ocean) and Polar Engineering Conference, Beijing, China, June 20-26 (2010)Google Scholar