Steering Control of an Automated Vehicle Using Touch Screen with Simulation Result
- 888 Downloads
The need for graphical user interfaces in industrial and consumer applications is steadily increasing. To address this need, free scale is introducing a family of cost-effective and highly integrated Atmega microcontrollers that feature an integrated touch screen controller module. The idea behind the selection was channelization of human thoughts to automated realization. It is decided to implement the theme of automatic maneuvering of vehicles and the unanimous choice of sensor was touch screen. It was started with the thought of being able to replace the steering of a car completely by a touch screen. It is drawn on the experience of driving to reach at the choice of touch screen as a drive interface. Another innovation was the touch screen controller being wireless. The idea is application of the user input tracking capability of the touch screen to an RC car control scheme. The Radio controlled car should follow the path drawn by user on a touch screen in real time.
Keywordstouch screen automated vehicle steering control AVR microcontroller wireless communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atmel Corporation, ATmega16(L) Preliminary Complete Datasheet, 2490G-AVR-03/04 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Downs, R.: Using resistive touch screens for human/machine Interface. Analog Applications Journal, Texas Instruments (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Osgood, S., Ong, C.K., Downs, R.: Touch screen controller tips. Application Bulletin (LIT # SBAA036), Texas Instruments (April 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, C., Guldner, J., Kanellakopoulos, I., Tomizuka, M.: Nonlinear damping in vehicle lateral control: Theory and experiment. In: Proc. American Control Conf., Philadelphia, PA, pp. 2243–2247 (June 1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Patwardhan, S., Tan, H.S., Guldner, J.: A general framework for automatic steering control: System analysis. In: Proc. American Control Conf., Albuquerque, NM, pp. 1598–1602 (June 1997)Google Scholar