Use Case Evaluation of the Proposed MPIT Configuration and Performance Interface
In this contribution, we present our experiences gained while prototyping the MPIT Configuration and Performance Interface that is currently under discussion for being integrated into the next MPI standard. The work is based on an API draft that has been recently released by the MPI Tools Working Group . As a use case, we have already developed a simple tuning tool on top of the proposed MPIT interface that can help to optimize protocol thresholds of MPI implementations according to communication characteristics of the respective applications.
KeywordsMPI 3.0 MPIch Tools Support Information Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.MPI 3.0 Tools Support Working Group: Tool Interfaces for MPI (The current draft for the new MPI tools chapter) (April 2010), https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Tools/draft
- 2.Message Passing Interface Forum: MPI: A Message-Passing Interface Standard – Version 2.2, High-Perfomance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS), Germany (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Gropp, W., Lusk, E.: MPICH Working Note: The Implementation of the Second-Generation MPICH ADI, Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, ANL (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Gropp, W., Lusk, E.: MPICH Working Note: The Second-Generation ADI for the MPICH Implementation of MPI, Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, ANL (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Bierbaum, B., Clauss, C., Finocchiaro, R., Schuch, S., Pöppe, M., Worringen, J.: MP-MPICH – User Documentation and Technical Notes, Chair for Operating Systems, RWTH-Aachen University, Germany (2009)Google Scholar