Complex Inclusion Functions in the CoStLy C++ Class Library
The C++ class library CoStLy for the rigorous computation of complex function values or ranges is presented. Rectangular complex interval arithmetic is used for the computations. In the CoStLy procedures, all truncation and roundoff errors are calculated during the course of the floating-point computation and enclosed into the result.
The library contains procedures for root and power functions, the exponential, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, their inverse functions, and some auxiliary functions, such as the absolute value or the argument function.
KeywordsInterval Arithmetic Complex Standard Functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Braune, K.: Highly Accurate Standard Functions for Real and Complex Numbers and Intervals in Arbitrary Floating-point Number Screens. PhD thesis, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany (1987) (in German)Google Scholar
- 2.Bühler, G.: Standard Functions for Complex Intervals in the 64 Bit IEEE Data Format. Diploma thesis, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany (1993) (in German)Google Scholar
- 3.FILIB++ Interval Library, http://www.math.uni-wuppertal.de/~xsc/software/filib.html
- 5.IBM: High-Accuracy Arithmetic Subroutine Library (ACRITH). Program Description and User’s Guide, 3rd ed. SC 33-6164-02 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.INTLAB - INTerval LABoratory, http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/~rump/intlab
- 7.Krämer, W.: Inverse Standard Functions for Real and Complex Interval Arguments with a priori Error Bounds for Arbitrary Number Formats. PhD thesis, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany (1987) (in German)Google Scholar
- 8.MPC – A Library for Multiprecision Complex Arithmetic with Exact Rounding, http://mpc.multiprecision.org
- 10.XSC Languages (C-XSC, PASCAL-XSC), http://www.xsc.de