Knowledge-Based Virtual Organizations for the E-Decisional Community
Virtual Organizations (VOs) promote dynamic interaction between individuals, groups and organizations, who share their capabilities and resources to pursue a common goal and maximize their benefits. Among these resources, knowledge is a critical one that requires special attention in order to support problem-solving activities, decision making processes and provide strategic advantage. In this paper, we present an initial proposal for the creation of dynamic knowledge-based VOs inside the E-Decisional Community, an integrated knowledge sharing platform that aims at the creation of markets where knowledge is provided as a service. This approach will provide technological support for discovering, re-using evolving and sharing experiential knowledge represented by means of the Set of Experience Knowledge Structure (SOEKS) and Decisional DNA among several entities.
KeywordsKnowledge Sharing Multiagent System Virtual Community Trust Level Virtual Organization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Burn, J.M., Ash, C.: Knowledge management strategies for virtual organisations. In: Kisielnicki, J. (ed.) Modern Organizations in Virtual Communities, pp. 1–18. IRM Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Hermoso, R., Centeno, R., Billhardt, H., Ossowski, S.: Extending virtual organizations to improve trust mechanisms. Paper Presented at the Proceedings of the 7th International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Estoril, Portugal, vol. 3 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Koh, J., Kim, Y.G.: Knowledge sharing in virtual communities: an e-business perspective. Expert Systems with Applications 26(2), 155–166 (2004), 0957–4174, doi:10.1016/S0957-4174(03)00116-7Google Scholar
- 13.Papaioannou, T.G., Stamoulis, G.D.: Reputation-based estimation of individual performance in collaborative and competitive grids. In: Future Generation Computer Systems (2009) (in Press) (Corrected Proof), 0167–739X, doi:10.1016/j.future.2009.05.007Google Scholar
- 14.Patel, J.: A Trust and Reputation Model for Agent-Based Virtual Organisations. University of Southampton (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Preece, A.: Toward a Marketplace Infrastructure for Virtual Organisations. AAAI Technical Report WS-00-04, pp. 54-62 (2000)Google Scholar
- 19.Java Agent DEvelopment Framework, http://jade.tilab.com/
- 20.Yu, B., Singh, P.M.: An evidential model of distributed reputation management. Paper Presented at the Proceedings of the First International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems: Part 1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 21.Zhai, Y., Qu, Y., Gao, Z.: Agent-Based Modeling for Virtual Organizations in Grid. In: Jin, H., Pan, Y., Xiao, N., Sun, J. (eds.) GCC 2004. LNCS, vol. 3252, pp. 83–89. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 23.Zuzek, M., Talik, M., Swierczynski, T., Wisniewski, C., Kryza, B., Dutka, L., et al.: Formal Model for Contract Negotiation in Knowledge-Based Virtual Organizations. Paper Presented at the Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computational Science, Part III (2008)Google Scholar