Toward Emotional E-Commerce: Formalizing Agents for a Simple Negotiation Protocol
Electronic commerce has become a central pillar of the Internet. Easy access, mobile devices with permanent connection, social networks and the real-time conversation streams have a big influence over B2C and C2C commerce. Currently, e-commerce becomes a social commerce, much closer to the traditional paradigm. The inclusion of emotional components in the act of trading complies with the current social trends and further approaches the electronic commerce to the traditional one. This paper continues the work on an emotional e-commerce platform by formalizing the customer, supplier and community agents. We present a simple negotiation protocol as a proof of concept.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Humaine Network of Excellence, IST FP6 (2004), http://www.emotion-research.net
- 4.Emotion Markup Language EmotionML, World Wide Web Consortium W3C (2008) http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/XGR-emotionml-20081120/
- 5.Russell, J.: A circumplex model of affect. In: Judd, C., Simpson, J., King, L. (eds.) Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 39(6), pp. 1161–1178 (1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Stahl, A.: Designing for Emotional Expressivity. Licentiate Thesis. Institute of Design, Umea University. Sweden (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Adam, C.: The Emotions: From Psychological Theories to Logical Formalization and Implementation in a BDI agent. PhD Thesis, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse - IRIT, France (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Picard, R.W.: Affective Computing. MIT Press, Cambridge (1997), ISBN 0-262-16170-2Google Scholar
- 9.Ortony, A., Clore, G.L., Collins, A.: The cognitive structure of emotions. Cambridge University Press, Trumpington Street (1988)Google Scholar
- 13.Jascanu, N.: Intelligent software agents for electronic commerce. Contributions. PhD Summary, supervisor Prof.dr.ing. Severin Bumbaru, Department of Computer Science, University “Dunarea de Jos” of Galati (2009), http://wwww.ugal.ro/doc/Rezumat_teza_doctorat_Jascanu_Nicolae.pdf (Available in Romanian)