Analysing Satellite Image Time Series by Means of Pattern Mining
- 1.2k Downloads
Change detection in satellite image time series is an important domain with various applications in land study. Most previous works proposed to perform this detection by studying two images and analysing their differences. However, those methods do not exploit the whole set of images that is available today and they do not propose a description of the detected changes. We propose a sequential pattern mining approach for these image time series with two important features. First, our proposal allows for the analysis of all the images in the series and each image can be considered from multiple points of view. Second, our technique is specifically designed towards image time series where the changes are not the most frequent patterns that can be discovered. Our experiments show the relevance of our approach and the significance of our patterns.
KeywordsRemote Sensing Change Detection Sequential Pattern Frequent Pattern Minimum Support
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Mining Sequential Patterns. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE’95), pp. 3–14 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Masseglia, F., Cathala, F., Poncelet, P.: The PSP Approach for Mining Sequential Patterns. In: Proceedings of the 2nd European Symposium on Principles of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Todd, W.: Urban and regional land use change detected by using Landsat data. Journal of Research by the US Geological Survey 5, 527–534 (1977)Google Scholar
- 5.Johnson, R., Kasischke, E.: Change vector analysis: a technique for the multispectral monitoring of land cover and condition. International Journal of Remote Sensing 19(16), 411–426 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Foody, G.: Monitoring the magnitude of land-cover change around the southern limits of the Sahara. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing 67(7), 841–848 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Julea, A., Méger, N., Trouvé, E., Bolon, P.: On extracting evolutions from satellite image time series. In: IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), vol. 5, pp. 228–231 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.MacQueen, J.: Some methods for classification and analysis of multivariate observations. In: Proceedings of 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar