Space-Time Diagram Generation for Profiling Multi Agent Systems
Advances in Agent Oriented Software Engineering have focused on the provision of frameworks and toolkits to aid in the creation of Multi Agent Systems (MASs). However, despite the need to address the inherent complexity of such systems, little progress has been made in the development of tools to allow for the debugging and understanding of their inner workings.
This paper introduces a novel performance analysis system, named AgentSpotter, which facilitates such analysis. AgentSpotter was developed by mapping conventional profiling concepts to the domain of MASs. We outline its integration into the Agent Factory multi agent framework.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Sun Microsystems, Inc. JVM Tool Interface (JVMTI), Version 1.0 (2004), http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jvmti/ (accessed August 4, 2008)
- 5.Helsinger, A., Thome, M., Wright, T., Technol, B., Cambridge, M.: Cougaar: a scalable, distributed multi-agent architecture. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2004, vol. 2 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Seah, C., Sierhuis, M., Clancey, W., Cognition, M.: Multi-agent modeling and simulation approach for design and analysis of MER mission operations. In: Proceedings of 2005 International conference on human-computer interface advances for modeling and simulation (SIMCHI 2005), pp. 73–78 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Horn, P.: Autonomic Computing: IBM’s Perspective on the State of Information Technology. IBM TJ Watson Labs, NY (October 15, 2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Collier, R., O’Hare, G., Lowen, T., Rooney, C.: Beyond Prototyping in the Factory of Agents. In: Multi-Agent Systems and Application III: 3rd International Central and Eastern European Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, Ceemas 2003 Proceedings, Prague, Czech Republic, June 16-18 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Hwaci: Web site for the SQLite Database Engine (2008), http://www.sqlite.org/ (accessed October, 2008)
- 14.Bellifemine, F., Poggi, A., Rimassa, G.: JADE–A FIPA-compliant agent framework. In: Proceedings of PAAM, vol. 99, pp. 97–108 (1999)Google Scholar