Parallel computation of pollutant dispersion in industrial sites
Understanding the pathway of toxic air pollutants from their source is essential to government agencies that are responsible for the public health. CFD remains an expansive tool to evaluate the flow of toxic air contaminants and requires to deal with complex geometry, high Reynolds numbers and large temperature gradients. To perform such simulations, the compressible Naviers Stokes equations are solved with a collocated finite volume method on unstructured grid and the computation speed is improved as a result of parallelism.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Satish Balay, Kris Buschelman, Victor Eijkhout, William D. Gropp, Dinesh Kaushik, Matthew G. Knepley, Lois Curfman McInnes, Barry F. Smith, and Hong Zhang. Petsc users manual. ANL-95/11, Argonne National Laboratory, 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Butler and Jeffrey. Improving Coarsening and Interpolation for Algebraic Multigrid. PhD thesis, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.P.G. Dyunkerke. Application of the E-epsilon turbulence closure model to the neutral and stable atmosphere boundary layer. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 45:5, 865–880, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Van Emden Henson and Ulrike Meier Yang. Boomeramg: A parallel algebraic multigrid solver and preconditioner. Applied Numerical Mathematics, 41:155–177, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Kirk, J.W. Peterson, R.H. Stogner, and G.F. Carey. libmesh: A c++ library for parallel adaptive mesh refinement/coarsening simulations. Engineering with Computers, 22:3–4, 237–254, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.B.E. Launder and D.B. Spalding. The numerical computation of turbulent flows. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 3:2, 269–289, 1974.Google Scholar
- 11.J. W. Ruge, K. Stüben, and S. F. McCormick. Algebraic multigrid (AMG), volume 3 of Frontiers in Applied Mathematics. SIAM, Philadelphia, 1987.Google Scholar
- 12.De Sterck, Hans, Yang, Ulrike M., Heys, and Jeffrey J. Reducing complexity in parallel algebraic multigrid preconditioners. SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 27(4):1019–1039, 2006.Google Scholar