Distributed MIND – A New Processing Model Based on Mobile Interactive Documents
Collaborative computing involves human actors and artificial agents interacting in a distributed system to resolve a global problem, often formed dynamically during the computation process. Owing to the open nature of the system and non-cooperative settings, its computations are in general non-algorithmic, i.e. their outcome cannot be calculated in advance by any closed distributed system. Authors advocate for a new processing model, based on exchange of documents implemented as autonomous and mobile agents, providing adaptive and self-aware content as interface units.
Keywordscollaborative computing intelligent documents
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oster, G., Molli, P., Urso, P., Imine, A.: Tombstone transformation functions for ensuring consistency in collaborative editing systems. In: Proc. Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Clark, J., Murata, M.: RELAX NG specification. OASIS TC Specification (December 3, 2001), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng
- 3.Chmiel, K., Gawinecki, M., Kaczmarek, P., Szymczak, M., Paprzycki, M.: Efficiency of (JADE) agent platform. Scientific Programming 13 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Murata, M., Lee, D., Mani, M.: Taxonomy of XML schema languages using formal language theory. In: Proc. Extreme Markup Languages (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.PURLS. A project of OCLC research. OCLC Online Computer Library Center, http://www.purl.org
- 6.Trillo, R., Ilarri, S., Mena, E.: Comparison and performance evaluation of mobile agent platforms. In: Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems, ICAS 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Gao, S., Sperberg-McQueen, C.M., Thompson, H.S. (eds.): W3CXML Schema Definition Language (XSD) 1.1 Part 1: Structures, Part 2: Datatypes. W3C Working Draft, January 30 (2009), www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/
- 8.Handle System. Unique persistent identifiers for internet resources, http://www.handle.net