Continuity Order of Local Displacement in Volumetric Image Sequence
We introduce a method for volumetric cardiac motion analysis using variational optical flow computation involving the prior with the fractional order differentiations. The order of the differentiation of the prior controls the continuity class of the solution. Fractional differentiations is a typical tool for edge detection of images. As a sequel of image analysis by fractional differentiation, we apply the theory of fractional differentiation to a temporal image sequence analysis. Using the fractional order differentiations, we can estimate the orders of local continuities of optical flow vectors. Therefore, we can obtain the optical flow vector with the optimal continuity at each point.
KeywordsFractional Order Fractional Derivative Motion Boundary Local Displacement Fractional Order Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Zhang, J., Wei, Z.-H.: Fractional variational model and algorithm for image denoising. In: Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Natural Computation, vol. 5, pp. 524–528 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Oldham, K.B., Spanier, J.: The Fractional Calculus: Theory And Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order, Dover Books on Mathematics. Dover, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Podlubny, I.: Fractional Differential Equations. An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, Some Methods of Their Solution and Some of Their Applications. Academic Press, London (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Suter, D.: Motion estimation and vector spline. In: Proceedings of CVPR 1994, pp. 939–942 (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Suter, D., Chen, F.: Left ventricular motion reconstruction based on elastic vector splines. IEEE Tr. Medical Imaging, 295–305 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Nagel, H.-H., Enkelmann, W.: An investigation of smoothness constraint for the estimation of displacement vector fields from image sequences. IEEE Trans. on PAMI 8, 565–593 (1986)Google Scholar
- 10.Timoshenko, S.P.: History of Strength of Materials. Dover, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 23.Ortiguera, M.D.: Riesz potential operations and inverses via fractional centred derivatives. International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Article ID 48391, 1–12 (2008)Google Scholar
- 24.Krueger, W.M., Phillips, K.: The geometry of differential operator with application to image processing. PAMI 11, 1252–1264 (1989)Google Scholar