Adaptive Rule Based-Reasoning by Qualitative Analysis
In some previous papers we presented a fuzzy-interpolative self-adaptive control architecture that is able to identify the current operating regime of the sys tem by means of a qualitative analysis of the phase tra jectory of the error. Here we are extending this tech nique in order to build a self-adjusting PID controller that can automatically set the input scaling factors. This way we can obtain simple interpola tive controllers embedding conventional knowledge on the PID controller adjusting, adapted from the Ziegler-Nichols method.
Keywordsfuzzy-interpolative controller know ledge embed ding by control rules phase trajectory of the error iterative feedback tuning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zadeh, L.A.: From Search Engines to Question-Answering Systems - The Problems of World Knowledge, Relevance, Deduction and Precisiation. In: Invited Conference, IEEE-SOFA 2005, Arad, Romania (August 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Balas, M.M., Balas, V.E.: The Family of Self Adaptive Interpolative Controllers. In: Proceedings of Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, IPMU 2004, Perugia, July 2004, pp. 2119–2124 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Balas, M.M., Balas, V.E.: Another Possible Way towards the Intelligent Nano-Systems: the Fuzzy-Interpolative. In: Proc. of 11th IPMU International Conference, Paris, July 2006, pp. 2135–2141 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Clocksin, W.F., Morgan, A.J.: Qualitative control. In: Proceedings of the European Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, Brighton (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Foulloy, L.: Qualitative Control and Fuzzy Control: Towards a Writing Methodology. AICOM 6(3/4), 147–154 (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Van Doren, V.J.: Loop Tuning Fundamentals. Control Engineering (Red Business Information), July 1 (2003), http://www.controleng.com/article/CA307745.html
- 9.Balas, V.E., Balas, M.M.: Switching Adaptive Correctors for Fuzzy Fusion Self-Adapted Interpolative Controllers. In: Proc. of 3rd Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, ISCIII 2007, Agadir, Morocco, March 2007, pp. 67–72 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Balas, M.M., Balas, V.E.: World Knowledge for Applications by Fuzzy-Interpolative Systems. International Journal of Computers, Communications and Control III, 28–32 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Balas, M.M., Balas, V.E.: World Knowledge for Control Applications. In: Proc. of 11th International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems, INES 2007, Budapest, June 29 - July 1, pp. 225–228 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Balas, M.M.: The Fuzzy-Interpolative Adaptive Controllers. In: Proc. of the 10th WSEAS International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Prague, March 2009, pp. 18–21 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Zaknich, A.: Principles of adaptive filters and self-learning systems. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar