Fractional Exterior Calculus and Fractional Differential Forms
Differential forms and exterior calculus are important theories in mathematics. Exterior calculus have found wide applications in fields such as general relativity, theory of electromagnetic fields, thermodynamics, theory of elasticity, differential geometry, topology and nonlinear differential equations. Differential forms are the most natural language for expressing electromagnetic and gauge fields mathematically. This language is independent of coordinates. Exterior calculus of differential forms give an alternative to vector calculus, which is ultimately simpler and more nature.
KeywordsDifferential Form Exterior Derivative Hodge Star Operator Fractional Generalization Vector Calculus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Cottrill-Shepherd, M. Naber, 2001b, Fractional Differential Forms II, E-print math-phl0301016.Google Scholar
- V.V. Dobronravov, 1976, Foundations of Analytical Mechanics, Vishaya Shkola, Moscow. In Russian.Google Scholar
- C. Godbillon, 1969, Geometrie Differentielle et Mecanique Analytique, Hermann, Paris.Google Scholar
- A.A. Kilbas, H.M. Srivastava, J.J. Trujillo, 2006, Theory and Applications of Fmctional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- J. Lutzen, 1985, Liouville’s differential calculus of arbitrary order and its electrodynamical origin, in Proc. 19th Nordic Congress Mathenzaticians, Icelandic Mathematical Society, Reykjavik.Google Scholar
- M.M. Meerschaert, J. Mortensen, S.W. Wheatcraft, 2006, Fractional vector calculus for fractional advection-dispersion, Physica A, 367, 181–190; and New Zealand Mathematics Colloquium, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand, December 2005, http://www.stt.msu.edd/mcubed/MathsColloq05.pdfADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- S.G. Samko, A.A. Kilbas, O.I. Marichev, 1993, Integrals and Derivatives of Fractional Order and Applications, Nauka i Tehnika, Minsk, 1987, in Russian; and Fractional Integrals and Derivatives Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, New York, 1993.Google Scholar