Autonomous Malicious Activity Inspector – AMAI
Computer networks today are far more complex and managing such networks is not more then a job of an expert. Monitoring systems helps network administrator in monitoring and protecting the network by not allowing the users to run illegal application or changing the configuration of the network node. In this paper, we have proposed Autonomous Malicious Activity Inspector – AMAI which uses ontology based knowledge base to predict unknown illegal applications based on known illegal application behaviors. AMAI is an Intelligent Multi Agent System used to detect known and unknown malicious activities carried out by the users over the network. We have compared ABSAMN and AMAI concurrently at the university campus having seven labs equipped with 20 to 300 number of PCs in various labs; results shows AMAI outperform ABSAMN in every aspect.
KeywordsNetwork Monitoring Malicious Activity Ontology Cognitive Mobile Agent Distributed Proxy Server Collaborative Multi-Agent System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Weiss, G.: Multiagent Systems A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence, ch. 1-4. The MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Manzoor, U., Nefti, S.: Cognitive Agent for Automated Software Installation – CAASI. In: Lytras, M.D., Damiani, E., Carroll, J.M., Tennyson, R.D., Avison, D., Naeve, A., Dale, A., Lefrere, P., Tan, F., Sipior, J., Vossen, G. (eds.) WSKS 2009. LNCS, vol. 5736, pp. 543–552. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Paessler - PRTG Network Monitor (2009), http://www.paessler.com/prtg/
- 10.Network Monitoring Tools (2009), http://www.topology.org/comms/netmon.html
- 11.Nagios (2009), http://www.nagios.org/
- 12.YouHide (2009), http://www.youhide.com/
- 13.Java Agent Development Framework – JADE (2009), http://jade.tilab.com/
- 14.Protégé (2009), http://protege.stanford.edu/
- 17.WordNet (2009), http://wordnet.princeton.edu/
- 18.Anonymous Proxy Server - Browser9 (2009), http://www.browser9.com/
- 19.Manzoor, U., Nefti, S.: QUIET: A Methodology for Autonomous Software Deployment using Mobile Agents. Journal of Network and Computer Applications (2010), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2010.03.015