Two Ensemble Classifiers Constructed from GEP-Induced Expression Trees
In this paper we propose two ensemble classifiers using expression trees as weak classifiers. The first ensemble uses the AdaBoost approach and the second makes use of Dempster’âĂŹs rule of combination and applies triplet mass functions to combine classifiers. The performance of both ensemble classifiers is evaluated experimentally. The experiment involved 9 well known datasets from the UCI Irvine Machine Learning Repository. Experiment results show that using GEP-induced expression trees allows to construct high quality ensemble classifiers.
Keywordsgene expression programming AdaBoost evidentional reasoning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.J.: UCI Machine Learning Repository, University of California, School of Information and Computer Science (2007) http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html
- 3.Centeno, P., Lawrence, N.D.: Optimising Kernel Parameters and Regularisation Coefficients for Non-linear Discriminant Analysis. Journal of Machine Learning Research 7, 455–491 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Kretowski, M.: SOFSEM 2008. LNCS, vol. 4910, pp. 531–540. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Polikar, R.: Ensemble Based Systems in Decision Making. IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine 3, 22–43 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Torre, F.: Boosting Correct Least General Generalizations, Technical Report GRApp A-0104, Grenoble (2004)Google Scholar