Quantum Query Algorithms for Conjunctions
Every Boolean function can be presented as a logical formula in conjunctive normal form. Fast algorithm for conjunction plays significant role in overall algorithm for computing arbitrary Boolean function. First, we present a quantum query algorithm for conjunction of two bits. Our algorithm uses one quantum query and correct result is obtained with a probability p = 4/5, that improves the previous result. Then, we present the main result - generalization of our approach to design efficient quantum algorithms for computing conjunction of two Boolean functions. Finally, we demonstrate another kind of an algorithm for conjunction of two bits, that has a correct answer probability p = 9/10. This algorithm improves success probability by 10%, but stands aside and cannot be extended to compute conjunction of Boolean functions.
KeywordsQuantum computing query algorithm Boolean function algorithm design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Grover, L.: A fast quantum mechanical algorithm for database search. In: Proceedings of 28th STOC 1996, pp. 212–219 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Ambainis, A., Freivalds, R.: 1-Way Quantum Finite Automata: Strengths, Weaknesses and Generalizations. In: FOCS, pp. 332–341 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.de Wolf, R.: Quantum Computing and Communication Complexity. University of Amsterdam (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Kaye, R., Laflamme, R., Mosca, M.: An Introduction to Quantum Computing, Oxford (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Ambainis, A.: Quantum query algorithms and lower bounds (survey article). In: Proceedings of FOTFS III, Trends on Logic, vol. 23, pp. 15–32 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Lace, L.: Doctoral Thesis. University of Latvia (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Vasilieva, A.: Quantum Query Algorithms for AND and OR Boolean Functions, Logic and Theory of Algorithms. In: Proceedings of Fourth Conference on Computability in Europe, pp. 453–462 (2008)Google Scholar