Fireworks Algorithm for Optimization
Inspired by observing fireworks explosion, a novel swarm intelligence algorithm, called Fireworks Algorithm (FA), is proposed for global optimization of complex functions. In the proposed FA, two types of explosion (search) processes are employed, and the mechanisms for keeping diversity of sparks are also well designed. In order to demonstrate the validation of the FA, a number of experiments were conducted on nine benchmark test functions to compare the FA with two variants of particle swarm optimization (PSO) algorithms, namely Standard PSO and Clonal PSO. It turns out from the results that the proposed FA clearly outperforms the two variants of the PSOs in both convergence speed and global solution accuracy.
Keywordsnatural computing swarm intelligence fireworks algorithm particle swarm optimization function optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Beni, G., Wang, J.: Swarm intelligence in cellular robotic systems. In: Proceedings of NATO Advanced Workshop on Robots and Biological Systems (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Bratton, D., Kennedy, J.: Defining a standard for particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium, pp. 120–127 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Tan, Y., Xiao, Z.M.: Clonal particle swarm optimization and its applications. In: Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 2303–2309 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Lu, G., Tan, D., Zhao, H.: Improvement on regulating definition of antibody density of immune algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, vol. 5, pp. 2669–2672 (2002)Google Scholar