Theoretical Model for Interplay between Some Learning Situations and Brainwaves
There is interplay between brainwaves and learning. To describe and understand part of this complex interaction, this paper proffers a new learner model called the LBD Model (or Learning and Brainwaves Dominances Model). Twenty-three participants were recruited to validate this Model. Results show distinct instances of the LBD Model regarding three situations of learning: positive learning, unconscious learning and unlearning.
KeywordsIntelligent Tutoring System Brainwaves Learner Model Learning Situations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson, J.R.: Tailoring Assessment to Study Student Learning Styles. American Association for Higher Education (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Heraz, A., Daouda, T., Frasson, C.: Decision Tree for Tracking Learner’s Emotional State predicted from his electrical brain activity. In: ICITS 2008, Montréal, Canada (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Heraz, A., Razaki, R., Frasson, C.: Using machine learning to predict learner emotional state from brainwaves. In: ICALT 2007, Niigata, Japan (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Heraz, A., Frasson, C.: Predicting the Three Major Dimensions of the Learner’s Emotions from Brainwaves. International Journal of Computer Science (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Nkambou, R., Héritier, V.: Facial expression analysis for emotion recognition in ITS. In: ITS 2004 workshop on Emotional Intelligence Proceedings (2004)Google Scholar