Local Bayesian Based Rejection Method for HSC Ensemble
Based on Jordan Curve Theorem, a universal classification method, called Hyper Surface Classifier (HSC) was proposed in 2002. Experiments showed the efficiency and effectiveness of this algorithm. Afterwards, an ensemble manner for HSC(HSC Ensemble), which generates sub classifiers with every 3 dimensions of data, has been proposed to deal with high dimensional datasets. However, as a kind of covering algorithm, HSC Ensemble also suffers from rejection which is a common problem in covering algorithms. In this paper, we propose a local bayesian based rejection method(LBBR) to deal with the rejection problem in HSC Ensemble. Experimental results show that this method can significantly reduce the rejection rate of HSC Ensemble as well as enlarge the coverage of HSC. As a result, even for datasets of high rejection rate more than 80%, this method can still achieve good performance.
KeywordsHyperSurface Classification (HSC) HSC Ensemble Rejection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zhang, L., Zhang, B.: A Geometrical Representation of McCullochCPitts Neural Model and Its Applications. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks 10(4) (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, T., Zhang, L., Yan-Ping, Z.: Kernel Covering Algorithm for Machine Learning. Chinese Journal of Computers 28(8) (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.He, Q., Shi, Z.-Z., Ren, L.-A., Lee, E.S.: A Novel Classification Method Based on Hyper Surface. International Journal of Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 395–407 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Pan, S.J., Yang, Q.: A Survey on Transfer Learning. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (October 12, 2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Landgrebe, T., Tax, D., Paclk, P., Duin, R., Andrew, C.: A combining strategy for ill-defined problems. In: Fifteenth Ann. Sympos. of the Pattern Recognition Association of South Africa, pp. 57–62 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.He, Q., Zhao, X., Shi, Z.: Classification based on dimension transposition for high dimension dataInternational Journal Soft Computing-A Fusion of Foundations. Methodologies and Applications, 329–334 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.He, Q., Zhao, X.-R., Shi, Z.-Z.: Minimal consistent subset for hyper surface classification method. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Iintelligence 22(1) (2008)Google Scholar