CI in General Game Playing - To Date Achievements and Perspectives
Multigame playing agents are programs capable of autonomously autonomously learning to play new, previously unknown games. In this paper, we concentrate on the General Game Playing Competition which defines a universal game description language and acts as a framework for comparison of various approaches to the problem. Although so far the most successful GGP agents have relied on classic Artificial Intelligence approaches, we argue that it would be also worthwhile to direct more effort to construction of General Game Players based on Computational Intelligence methods. We point out the most promising, in our opinion, directions of research and propose minor changes to GGP in order to make it a common framework suited for testing various aspects of multigame playing.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Clune, J.: Heuristic evaluation functions for General Game Playing. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2007), Vancouver, BC, Canada, pp. 1134–1139. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Finnsson, H., Björnsson, Y.: Simulation-based approach to General Game Playing. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2008), Chicago, IL, pp. 259–264. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.General Game Playing website, http://games.stanford.edu/
- 4.Genesereth, M., Love, N.: General Game Playing: Overview of the AAAI Competition (2005), http://games.stanford.edu/competition/misc/aaai.pdf
- 5.Kuhlmann, G., Dresner, K., Stone, P.: Automatic heuristic construction in a complete General Game Player. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2006), Boston, MA, pp. 1457–1462. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Love, N., Hinrichs, T., Haley, D., Schkufza, E., Genesereth, M.: General Game Playing: Game Description Language Specification (2008), http://games.stanford.edu/language/spec/gdl_spec_2008_03.pdf
- 9.Schiffel, S., Thielscher, M.: Automatic Construction of a Heuristic Search Function for General Game Playing. In: Seventh IJCAI International Workshop on Non-monotonic Reasoning, Action and Change (NRAC 2007) (2007)Google Scholar