The BRONCHOVID – Computer System Supporting Bronchoscopy Laboratory
The bronchoscopy diagnostics consists of numerous tasks including but not limited to the treatment planning on the basis of computed tomography, registration and analysis of endoscopic images during the inspection of the tracheo-bronchial tree and procedure management. There is no comprehensive solution for a computer system supporting bronchoscopy laboratory. Since the limited time of medical personnel, high volume and multimodal data created during bronchoscopy procedure and complex workflow we decide to build a dedicated system addressing these issues. The paper presets an overview of the bronchoscope diagnostics, user needs and requirements related to the procedure and the proposed solution. Finely, the deployment results as well as future plan is presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blanchette, J., Summerfield, M.: C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4. Prentice Hall PTR, Englewood Cliffs (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, D., Cao, Y., Kim, K.-H., Stanek, S., Doungratanaex-Chai, B., Lin, K., Tavanapong, W., Wong, J., JungHwan, O., de Groen, P.C.: Arthemis: Annotation software in an integrated capturing and analysis system for colonoscopy. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 88(2), 152–163 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Manjunath, B.S., Salembier, P., Sikora, T. (eds.): Introduction to MPEG-7: Multimedia Content Description Interface. Wiley, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Schroeder, W., Martin, K., Lorensen, B.: The visualization toolkit: an object-oriented approach to 3D graphics, 3rd edn. Kitware Inc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Mezaris, V., et al.: A Test-Bed for Region-Based Image Retrieval Using Multiple Segmentation Algorithms and the MPEG-7 eXperimentation Model: The Schema Reference System. In: Enser, P.G.B., Kompatsiaris, Y., O’Connor, N.E., Smeaton, A., Smeulders, A.W.M. (eds.) CIVR 2004. LNCS, vol. 3115, pp. 592–600. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Preim, B., Bartz, D.: Visualization in Medicine: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications. The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Schroeder, W., Ibanez, L.: The ITK Software Guide 2.4. Kitware Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Zloof, M.M.: Query-by-Example: a data base language. IBM Systems Journal 16(4) (1977)Google Scholar
- 11.Cross-platform library Grassroots DICOM or GDCM for DICOM medical files, http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm/
- 12.High performance and widely portable implementation of the Message Passing Interface (MPI), http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/index.php