Balancing Scrum Project Management Process
- 1.6k Downloads
We present a case of a previously plan-driven software development company going agile and requiring a balance between the two methods in its transition. As a result of our theoretical research, we provide a balanced project management process that has the agility of Scrum with the additional practices addressing the organizational context from plan-driven methods.
KeywordsAgile Scrum plan-driven methods project management CMMI ISO/IEC 15504 PMBoK
- Abrahamsson, P., Warsta, J., Siponen, M.T., Ronkainen, J.: New Directions on Agile Methods: A Comparative Analysis. In: 25th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, Portland, Oregon, 244p. (2003)Google Scholar
- Boehm, B., Turner, R.: Balancing Agility and Discipline - A Guide for the Perplexed, 266p. Pearson Education, Boston (2004)Google Scholar
- CMMI for Development. CMU/SEI-2006-TR-008, ESC-TR-2006-008, Version 1.2, CMMI Product Team, Software Engineering Institute, 537p. (2006)Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC 15504-5. ISO/IEC 15504-5 Information Technology - Process Assessment - Part 5: An Exemplar Process Assessment Model, 1st edn., ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7, 162p. (2006)Google Scholar
- Lepmets, M.: Evaluation of Basic Project Management Activities - Study in Software Industry. Tampere University of Technology, Publication 699, Pori, Finland, 223p. (2007), http://dspace.cc.tut.fi/dpub/bitstream/handle/123456789/68/lepmets.pdf?
- Project Management Body of Knowledge: A guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge, Project Management Institute, Pennsylvania, 209p. (2000)Google Scholar