Prototypes Are Forever Evolving from a Prototype Project to a Full-Featured System
- 1.7k Downloads
Prototypes are a well known, widely accepted development practice but, if not carefully evolved, they can become a nightmare to maintain. This paper presents the experience of a four person agile team who successfully grew a prototyped system to a full-featured application without any clear transition in the project. The paper describes how the project started with a very simple prototyping goal, evolved through iterations and spikes to a partly working system and transformed, in the end, in a complete application widely tested and refactored.
Keywordsprototype agile methods refactoring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brooks Jr., F.P.: The Mythical Man Month: Essays on Software Engineering. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1975)Google Scholar
- 2.DSDM Consortium: DSDM: Business Focused Development. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Beck, K., Andres, C.: Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Cohn, M.: User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Poppendieck, M., Poppendieck, T.: Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2009)Google Scholar