Grid Based Environment Application Development Methodology
The satellite image oriented processing in the Grid based environment applications needs flexible tools, process description and execution in order to reveal significant information. The main processing consists of imagery classification which is actually a search of information through combinations of multispectral bands of satellite data. The Grid based application development process should assist the developer to implement required functionality, but making transparent to the user the Grid complexity and the mapping of the conceptual application over the physical Grid resources. The paper exemplifies the gProcess based Grid application development methodology throughout the development phases of the GreenView environment application, and analyzes the efficiency of such an approach. The primary aim of the GreenView application is the refinement of surface and vegetation parameters in SEE and CE regions based on satellite images. The GreenView application is based on ESIP platform, which lies on the gProcess toolset specific satellite image processing operators and services.
KeywordsEnvironment application development methodology Grid workflow process description
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Altintas, I., Berkley, C., Jaeger, E., Jones, M., Ludaescher, B., Mock, M.: Kepler: Towards a Grid-Enabled System for Scientific Workflows. In: Proceedings of Workflow in Grid Systems Workshop in GGF10, Berlin, Germany (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Fusco, L., Cossu, R., Retscher, C.: Open Grid Services for Envisat and Earth observation applications. In: Plaza, A., Chang, C. (eds.) High Performance Computing in Remote Sensing, pp. 237–280. Chapman & Hall/CRC/Taylor & Francis Group (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.GENESI-DR project consortium (2009), http://www.genesi-dr.eu
- 7.Lorch, M., Kafura, D.: Symphony — A Java-based Composition and Manipulation Framework for Computational Grids. In: Proceedings of 2nd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2002), Berlin, Germany, pp. 136–144. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Petcu, D., Zaharie, D., Gorgan, D., Pop, F., Tudor, D.: MedioGrid: a Grid-based Plat-form for Satellite Images. In: Procs. IDAACS 2007, pp. 137–142. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.SEE-GRID-SCI project consortium, SEE-GRID eInfrastructure for regional eScience (2009), http://www.see-grid-sci.eu/
- 12.Schmit, T.J., Li, J., Gurka, J.: Introduction of the Hyperspectral Environmental Suite (HES) on GOES-R and beyond. Presented at the International (A)TOVS Science Conference (ITSC-13) in Sainte Adele, Quebec, Canada (2003)Google Scholar