Analysis and Design of a SOA-Based Multi-agent Architecture
One of the most prevalent approaches among distributed architectures is Multi-Agent Systems. The agents have characteristics such as autonomy, reasoning, reactivity, social abilities and pro-activity which make them appropriate for developing distributed systems based on highly dynamic scenarios. Nevertheless, the development of a multi-agent system can be an extensive and delicate process. During this process, it is convenient to utilize Agent-Oriented Software Engineering (AOSE) tools. Such tools facilitate and improve the engineering process, achieving models that are more detailed and closer to the multi-agent systems implementation. This paper presents the analysis and design of a Flexible and User Services Oriented Multi-agent Architecture (FUSION@). This is a new architecture that integrates intelligent agents with a service-oriented approach to facilitate and optimize the development of highly dynamic distributed systems.
KeywordsDistributed Architectures Multi-Agent Systems Service-Oriented Architectures Agent-Oriented Software Engineering Ontology Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cerami, E.: Web Services Essentials: Distributed Applications with XML-RPC, SOAP, UDDI & WSDL, 1st edn. O’Reilly Media, Inc., Sebastopol (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to MultiAgent Systems, 2nd edn. Wiley, Chichester (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Bellifemine, F., Poggi, A., Rimassa, G.: JADE–A FIPA-compliant agent framework. In: Proceedings of PAAM, vol. 99, pp. 97–108 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.SysML - Open Source Specification Project (Recovered, October 2009), http://www.sysml.org/
- 11.Bonino da Silva, L.O., Ramparany, F., Dockhorn, P., Vink, P., Etter, R., Broens, T.: A service architecture for context awareness and reaction provisioning. In: IEEE Congress on Services (Services 2007), pp. 25–32 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Ricci, A., Buda, C., Zaghini, N.: An agent-oriented programming model for SOA & web services. In: 5th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics, pp. 1059–1064 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Tapia, D., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.: Distributing Functionalities in a SOA-Based Multi-agent Architecture. In: 7th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS 2009), pp. 20–29 (2009)Google Scholar