Performance Comparision of FSR, LAR1 and LANMAR Routing Protocols in MANET’S
This paper aims to compare performance of some routing protocols for Mobile Ad-Hoc networks (MANET’s). A Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) is a collection of wireless mobile nodes forming a temporary network without using any centralized access point, infrastructure, or centralized administration. To establish a data transmission between two nodes, typically multiple hops are required due to the limited transmission range. Mobility of the different nodes makes the situation even more complicated. Multiple routing protocols especially for these conditions have been developed during the last years, to find optimized routes from a source to some destination. This paper presents performance evaluation of three different routing protocols i.e. LANMAR, LAR1 and Fisheye in variable pause times. Performance evaluation of these three protocols is based on Average end to end delay, TTL based hop count and Packet delivery ratio.
KeywordsMANETS LANMAR LAR1 Fisheye
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Qualnet simulator, http://www.Scalable-Networks.com
- 3.Jorg, D.O.: Performance comparison of MANET routing Protocols in different network sizes, Institute of computer Science and applied mathematics computer Networks and distributed systems. University of Berne, switzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 4.Sun, A.C.: Design and Implementation of Fisheye Routing protocol for mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Dept. of Electrical and computer science, Massachusetts institute of Technology (May 2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, Y.Z., Chen, J., Hong, X., Xu, K., Breyer, T., Gerla, M.: Experimental Evaluation of LANMAR, a scalable Ad- Hoc routing protocol. In: IEEE communications society/WCNC 2005, University of California, Los Angles (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Pei, G., Gerla, M., Hong, X.: LANMAR: Landmark Routing for Large Scale Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks with Group Mobility. In: Proceedings of IEEE/ACM MobiHOC 2000, Boston, MA, August 2000, pp. 11–18 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Performance Evaluation of Secure on-Demand Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks, Junaid Arshad Mohammad Ajmal Azad FAS, IIUI Pakistan FAS, IIUI Pakistan. In: 15th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols, Beijing, China (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kurkowski, S., Navidi, W., Camp, T.: Discovering Variables that Affect MANET Protocol Performance. In: Global Telecommunications Conference. GLOBECOM 2007, Air Force Inst. of Technol., Wright Patterson, November 26-30. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Boomarani Malany, A., Sarma Dhulipala, V.R., Chandrasekaran, M.: Throughput and Delay Comparison of MANET Routing Protocols. Int. J. Open Problems Compt. Math. 2(3) (September 2009) ISSN 1998-6262Google Scholar
- 10.Pei, G., Gerla, M., Hong, X.: Landmark Routing for Large Scale Wireless Ad Hoc Networks with Group Mobility, Computer Science Department, University of CaliforniaGoogle Scholar
- 11.Gerla, M., Hong, X., Pei, G.: Landmark Routing for Large Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. In: Proceeding of IEEE GLOBECOM 2000, San Francisco, CA (November 2000)Google Scholar