A Bidirectional Heuristic Search Technique for Web Service Composition
Automatic web services composition has recently received considerable attention from researchers in different fields. In this paper we propose a model based on web service dependency graph and a bidirectional heuristic search algorithm to find composite web services. The proposed algorithm is based on a new domain independent heuristic. Experiments on different types of dependency graphs of varying sizes and number of web services show promising results for the service composition model when compared to state-of-the-art search algorithms. The proposed dependency graph based composition model is, however, not limited to traditional web services but it can be extended to more general frameworks of collective systems where a global intelligent behavior emerges by a plurality of agents which interact composing different actions, services, or resources.
KeywordsWeb service composition dependency graph heuristic search algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Milani, A., Rossi, F., Pallottelli, S.: Planning Based Integration of Web Services. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM Int. Conf. on Web intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, Washington, DC, pp. 125–128 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Hashemian, S.V., Mavaddat, F.: A Graph-Based Framework for Composition of Stateless Web Services. In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Web Services, pp. 75–86 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Hashemian, S.V., Mavaddat, F.: A graph-based approach to web services composition. In: Proceedings of the 2005 Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT), pp. 183–189 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ponnekanti, S.R., Fox, A.: SWORD: A developer toolkit for web service composition. In: Proceedings of 11th world wide web conference, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, D., Sirin, E., Hendler, J., Nau, D., Parsia, B.: Automatic web services composition using SHOP2. In: Workshop on Planning for Web Services, Italy (2003)Google Scholar