Algorithmic Aspects of the Reachability of Conflicting Chip Firing Game
Chip-firing game is a cellular automaton model on finite directed graphs often used to describe the phenomenon of self-organized criticality. Here we investigate a variation of the chip-firing game on a directed acyclic graph G = (V, E). Starting from a given chip configuration, we can fire a vertex v by sending one chip along one of its outgoing edges to the corresponding neighbors if v has at least one chip. We study the reachability of this system by considering the order structure of its configuration space. Then we propose an efficient algorithm to determine this reachability.
KeywordsConflicting chip firing game dynamic system energies multi agents system order filter order structure reachability self organization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bak, P., Tang, C., Wiesenfeld, K.: Self-organized criticality. Phys. rev. A (38), 364–374 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.Bjorner, A., Lovász, L., Shor, W.: Chip-firing games on graphes. E.J. Combinatorics 12, 283–291 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Cori, R., Rossin, D.: On the sandpile group of a graph. Eur. J. Combin. 21(4)Google Scholar
- 8.Diestel, R.: Graph Theory, Electronic edn., New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Le, M.H., Pham, T.A., Phan, T.H.D.: On the relation between chip firing games and petri nets. In: Proceeding of IEEE-RIVF International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies, pp. 328–335 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Lipton, R.J., Cardoza, E., Meyer, A.R.: Exponential space complete problems for petri nets and commutative semigroups. In: 8th Annual Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 50–54 (1976)Google Scholar
- 13.Le, M.H., Phan, T.H.D.: Order structure and energy of conflicting chip firing game. Acta Math. Vietnam. (2008) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 16.Keller, R.M.: A fundamental theorem of asynchronous parallel computation. In: Tse-Yun, F. (ed.) Parallel Processing. LNCS, vol. 24, pp. 102–112. Springer, Heidelberg (1975)Google Scholar
- 21.Magnien, C., Phan, H.D., Vuillon, L.: Characterization of lattices induced by (extended) chip firing games. Discrete Math. Theoret. Comput. Sci. AA, 229–244 (2001)Google Scholar
- 24.Pham, T.A., Phan, T.H.D., Tran, T.T.H.: Conflicting chip firing games on directed graphs and on treese. VNU Journal of Science. Natural Sciences and Technology 24, 103–109 (2007)Google Scholar