PGP-mc: Towards a Multicore Parallel Approach for Mining Gradual Patterns
Gradual patterns highlight complex order correlations of the form “The more/less X, the more/less Y”. Only recently algorithms have appeared to mine efficiently gradual rules. However, due to the complexity of mining gradual rules, these algorithms cannot yet scale on huge real world datasets. In this paper, we propose to exploit parallelism in order to enhance the performances of the fastest existing one (GRITE). Through a detailed experimental study, we show that our parallel algorithm scales very well with the number of cores available.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Buehrer, G., Parthasarathy, S., Chen, Y.K.: Adaptive parallel graph mining for cmp architectures. In: ICDM, pp. 97–106 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Tatikonda, S., Parthasarathy, S.: Mining tree-structured data on multicore systems. In: VLDB 2009: Proceedings of the 35th international conference on Very large data bases (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Di Jorio, L., Laurent, A., Teisseire, M.: Fast extraction of gradual association rules: A heuristic based method. In: IEEE/ACM Int. Conf. on Soft computing as Transdisciplinary Science and Technology, CSTST 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Fiot, C., Masseglia, F., Laurent, A., Teisseire, M.: Gradual trends in fuzzy sequential patterns. In: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-based Systems, IPMU (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Laurent, A., Lesot, M.J., Rifqi, M.: Graank: Exploiting rank correlations for extracting gradual dependencies. In: Proc. of FQAS 2009 (2009)Google Scholar