Alternative Enhancement of Associativity Based Routing (AEABR) for Mobile Networks
This study proposes an alternative enhancement for the Enhanced Associativity Based Routing (EABR) method which is a derivation of ABR (Associativity Based Routing) by relative speed and relative distance estimation using the received power strength (RPS) of the nodes. In this study, it is shown that EABR outperforms some other well known protocols. The performance of EABR is improved in terms of number of route reconstructions (RRC) and connected status percentage (CSP). Message overhead and bandwidth utilization is also investigated.
KeywordsEABR wireless mobile ad-hoc routing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Deborah, E., Daniel, Z., Li, T., Yakov, R., Kannan, V.: Source: Demand Routing:Packet format and forwarding specification (version 1). Internet Draft, Work in progress (January 1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Meier, A.: Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks, Erasmus Project at theUniversity of EdinburghGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kim, D., Toh, C.K., Choi, Y.: Location-aware long liferoute selection in wireless ad-hoc networks. Electronic Letters 36(18) (August 31, 2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Sreng, V., Yanikomeroglu, H., Falconer, D.D.: Relayer Selection Strategies in Cellular Networks with Peer-to-Peer Relaying. In: 2003 IEEE 58th Vehicular Technology Conference, 2003. VTC 2003, October 2003, vol. 3, pp. 1949–1953 (Fall 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Chul, S., Woo, M., Singh, S.: Longest Life Routing Protool (LLRP) for Ad Hoc Networks with Highly Mobile Nodes, IEEE XploreGoogle Scholar
- 7.Shaar, S., Fawaz, A., Murad, A.M., Ayman, M., Al-Shalabi, R., Kanaan, G.: Analysis of Enhanced Associativity Based Routing Protocol. Journal of Computer Science 2(I2), 853–858 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Toh, C.K.: Associativity-Based Routing for Ad-Hoc Mobile Networks. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht; University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory, Cambridge CB2 3QG, United Kingdom Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 4, pp. 103–139 (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, A.: Mobile Broadcasting with WIMAX. Elsevier Inc., Amsterdam (2008)Google Scholar