Nonlinear Decomposition Methods in Elastodynamics
For the stable numerical solution of nonlinear elastodynamic contact problems implicit discretization schemes are required. Here, we discuss a temporal discretization scheme where in each time step spatial displacements are computed as the solution of an optimization problem allowing for the application of globalization strategies. Moreover, in order to treat the solution of these optimization problems more efficiently, a novel abstract nonlinear preconditioning framework for globalization strategies is presented.
KeywordsContact Problem Globalization Strategy Nonlinear Programming Problem Contact Constraint Store Energy Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ciarlét, P. G.: Mathematical elasticity, volume I: Three-dimensional elasticity. Studies in Mathematics and its Applications, 20(186):715–716 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Groß C. and Krause R.: A new class of non-linear additively preconditioned Trust-Region strategies: Convergence results and applications to non-linear mechanics. INS preprint 904, Institute for Numerical Simulation, University of Bonn, 03 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Krause R. and Mohr C.: Level set based multi-scale methods for large deformation contact problems. ICS Preprint 2009-01, Institute of Computational Science, University of Lugano (2009). Submitted to Applied Numerical MathematicsGoogle Scholar
- 10.Krause R. and Walloth M.: Presentation and Comparison of Selected Algorithms for Dynamic Contact Based on the Newmark Scheme. ICS Preprint 2009-08, Institute of Computational Science, University of Lugano (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Newmark N. M.: A method of computation for structural dynamics. Journal of Engineering Mechanics Division, 8 (1959)Google Scholar
- 12.Wen Z. and Goldfarb D.: Line search multigrid methods for large-scale non-convex optimization. Technical report, IEOR Columbia University (2008)Google Scholar