Domain Decomposition Schemes for Frictionless Multibody Contact Problems of Elasticity
The class of parallel Robin (Poincaré) domain decomposition schemes which are based on the penalty method and the simple iteration method for variational equations is proposed for solution of frictionless multibody contact problems of elasticity. The convergence of these schemes is proved. The numerical analysis is made for 2D contact problems using FEM approximations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dyyak, I. I., Prokopyshyn, I. I.: The convergence of parallel Neumann domain decomposition scheme for frictionless multibody contact problems of elasticity. Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya. 52(3), 78–89 (2009) [In Ukrainian]Google Scholar
- 5.Kikuchi, N., Oden, J. T.: Contact Problem in Elasticity: A Study of Variational Inequalities and Finite Element Methods. SIAM, Philadelphia (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Kravchuk, A. S.: The formulation of the contact problem for several deformable bodies as the nonlinear programming problem. PMM. 42(3), 466–474 (1978) [In Russian]Google Scholar
- 7.Kuzmenko, V. I.: On variational approach to the theory of contact problems for nonlinear elastic multilayer bodies. PMM. 43(5), 893–901 (1979) [In Russian]Google Scholar
- 8.Lions, J. L.: Quelques méthodes de résolution des problèmes aux limites non linéaire. Dunod, Gauthier-Villars, Paris (1969)Google Scholar
- 9.Prokopyshyn, I.: Parallel domain decomposition schemes for frictionless contact problems of elasticity. Visnyk Lviv Univ. Ser. Appl. Math. Comp. Sci. 14, 123–133 (2008) [In Ukrainian]Google Scholar