Layered Distributed Constraint Optimization Problem for Resource Allocation Problem in Distributed Sensor Networks
Distributed sensor network is an important research area of multi-agent systems. We focus on a type of distributed sensor network systems that cooperatively observe multiple targets with multiple autonomous sensors that can control their own view. The problem of allocating observation resource of the distributed sensor network can be formalized as distributed constraint optimization problems. However, in the previous works, the computation cost to solve the resource allocation problem highly increases with its scale/density. In this work, we divide the problem into two layers of problems, and two layered cooperative solvers are applied to those problems. The result of the experiment shows that our proposed method reduces the number of message cycles.
KeywordsDistributed Constraint Optimization Problem Multi-agent Distributed sensor network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zhang, W., Wang, O., Wittenburg, L.: Distributed stochastic search for constraint satisfaction and optimization: Parallelism, phase transitions and performance. In: AAAI Workshop on Probabilistic Approaches in Search, pp. 53–59 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Iizuka, Y., Suzuki, H., Takeuchi, I.: Multi-agent tabu search method for distributed constraint satisfaction problems (in japan). The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems J90-D(9), 2302–2313 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Farinelli, A., Rogers, A., Petcu, A., Jennings, N.R.: Decentralised Coordination of Low-Power Embedded Devices Using the Max-Sum Algorithm. In: AAMAS, pp. 639–646 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Ali, S., Koenig, S., Tambe, M.: Preprocessing techniques for accelerating the DCOP algorithm ADOPT. In: AAMAS, July 2005, pp. 1041–1048 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Petcu, A., Faltings, B.: A scalable method for multiagent constraint optimization. In: IJCAI, August 2005, pp. 266–271 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ukita, N.: Real-time Dense Communication among Agents for Active Tracking. In: AAMAS, July 2005, pp. 1335–1336 (2005)Google Scholar