SIM-MADARP: An Agent-Based Tool for Dial-a-Ride Simulation
This work presents an agent based system devoted to the simulation of passenger transportation scenarios. The architecture is build over a system, called MADARP, devoted to the implementation of concrete passenger transportation planning Systems. The transportation type considered by the system is the demand-responsive one, that is, a flexible approach in which trips requests are tacked online and scheduled over a set of available vehicles. The simulator allows diverse scenarios by varying the geographical network, the requests, and the set of vehicles. By managing diverse eventualities, it gives dynamicity to the simulation, such as, delays of vehicles, clients’ no-show and vehicles’ breakdowns, among others. The general design is depicted using the PASSI methodology, together with its implementation over the Jade agent platform.
KeywordsMultiagent System Agent simulation Dynamic Dial a Ride Problem Passenger Transportation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Weiss, G.: Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence. MIT Press, Massachusetts (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Ambrosino, G., et al.: EBusiness Applications to Flexible Transport and Mobility Services (2001), http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/ambrosino01ebusiness.html
- 6.PASSI Toolkit (PTK) disponible en, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ptk
- 7.Cossentino, M., Potts, C.: PASSI: a Process for Specifying and Implementing Multi-Agent Systems Using UML 2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Cordeau, J.-F.: A Branch-and-Cut Algorithm for the Dial-a-Ride Problem. Operations Research 54, 573–586; Canada Research Chair in Distribution Management, HEC Montréal 3000, Canada (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Jaw, J., et al.: A heuristic algorithm for the multiple-vehicle advance request dial-a-ride problem with time windows. Transportation Research 20B(3), 243–257 (1986)Google Scholar
- 10.FIPA Contract Net Interaction Protocol Specification, http://www.fipa.org/specs/fipa00029/SC00029H.pdf