Utilising Task-Patterns in Organisational Process Knowledge Sharing
Pattern based task management has been proposed as a promising approach to work experience reuse in knowledge intensive work environments. This paper inspects the need of organisational work experience sharing and reuse in the context of a real-life scenario based on use case studies. We developed a task pattern management system that supports process knowledge externalisation-internalisation. The system brings together task management related concepts and semantic technologies that materialise the former through a variety of semantic enhanced measures. Case studies were carried out for evaluating the proposed approach and also for drawing inspiration for future development.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bechhofer, B., van Harmelen, F., Hendler, J., Horrocks, I., McGuiness, D.L., Patel-Schneider, P., Stein, L.A.: OWL Web Ontology Language Reference. W3C (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Cohen, W., Ravikumar, P., Fienberg, S.: A comparison of string distance metrics for name-matching tasks. In: IIWeb, pp. 73–78 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Kalfoglou, Y., Hu, B.: CROSI Mapping System (CMS) Results of the 2005 Ontology Alignment Contest. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Knowledge Capture (KCap 2005) workshop on Integrating Ontologies, Banff, Canada (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Riss, U.V., Cress, U., Kimmerle, J., Martin, S.: Knowledge transfer by sharing task templates: two approaches and their psychological requirements. Knowledge management Research & Practice (4), 287–296 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Riss, U.V., Rickayzen, A., Maus, H., van der Aalst, W.M.P.: Challenges for business process and task management. Journal of Universal Knowledge Management, Special Issue on Knowledge Infrastructures for the Support of Knowledge Intensive Business Processes, 77–100 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Sauermann, L., van Elst, L., Dengel, A.: Pimo - a framework for representing personal information models. In: Pellegrini, T., Schaffert, S. (eds.) Proceedings of I-Semantics 2007, pp. 270–277. JUCS (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Williams, K.: What is the digital divide? Technical reportGoogle Scholar