Advanced Integrated Model-Driven Development Tool for USN Applications in Pervasive Computing Environment
In sensor networks, nodes should often operate under a demanding environment such as limited computing resources, unreliable wireless communication and power shortage. And such factors make it challenging to develop ubiquitous sensor network (USN) applications. This article presents a model-driven development tool for USN applications. USN applications are programs that are installed into nodes which consist in sensor networks. The presented tool automatically generates applications for nodes from the sensor network model. Users can develop USN applications by first developing a model for the sensor network and then designing applications by setting the values of the predefined attributes. The source code for applications is automatically generated from the model. The tool will help users can easily develop a large number of validated USN applications even if they do not know the details of low-level information.
KeywordsModel-Driven development tool Sensor network application Ubiquitous computing Ubiquitous Sensing Network pervasive computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Clayberg, E., Rubel, D.: Eclipse: Building Commercial- Quality Plug-ins. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Moore, B., Dean, D., Gerber, A., Wagenknecht, G., Vanderheyden, P.: Eclipse Development, International Business Machines Corporation (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, K., et al.: A Design of Sensor Network System based on Scalable & Reconfigurable Nano-OS Platform. In: Proc. IT SoC Conf., pp. 344–347 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.ETRI Embedded S/W Research Division, Nano-Qplus, http://qplus.or.kr/
- 7.TinyOS Plugin for Eclipse, http://www.dcg.ethz.ch/~rschuler/
- 8.ETRI Embedded S/W Research Division, NanoEsto, http://qplus.or.kr/
- 10.LabVIEW for Embedded Development, http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/2005-5554-821-101-LO.pdf