BlueSky Cloud Framework: An E-Learning Framework Embracing Cloud Computing
Currently, E-Learning has grown into a widely accepted way of learning. With the huge growth of users, services, education contents and resources, E-Learning systems are facing challenges of optimizing resource allocations, dealing with dynamic concurrency demands, handling rapid storage growth requirements and cost controlling. In this paper, an E-Learning framework based on cloud computing is presented, namely BlueSky cloud framework. Particularly, the architecture and core components of BlueSky cloud framework are introduced. In BlueSky cloud framework, physical machines are virtualized, and allocated on demand for E-Learning systems. Moreover, BlueSky cloud framework combines with traditional middleware functions (such as load balancing and data caching) to serve for E-Learning systems as a general architecture. It delivers reliable, scalable and cost-efficient services to E-Learning systems, and E-Learning organizations can establish systems through these services in a simple way. BlueSky cloud framework solves the challenges faced by E-Learning, and improves the performance, availability and scalability of E-Learning systems.
Keywordscloud computing E-Learning framework virtualization service orientation automatic provision data fabric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wentling, T., Waight, C., Gallaher, J., La Fleur, J., Wang, C., Kanfer, A.: E-Learning - A review of literature, http://learning.ncsa.uiuc.edu/papers/elearnlit.pdf
- 2.Khan, B.H.: Learning Features in an Open, Flexible, and Distributed Environment. AACE Journal 13(2), 137–153 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Gartner says cloud computing will be as influential as E-business, http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=707508
- 4.EMC Corporation: Deploying a Virtual Infrastructure for SAP with EMC and VMware Technologies, http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/deploying_vi_sap_emc_vmware_tech.pdf
- 6.Hypervisor wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor