Cloud Computing Boosts Business Intelligence of Telecommunication Industry
Business Intelligence becomes an attracting topic in today’s data intensive applications, especially in telecommunication industry. Meanwhile, Cloud Computing providing IT supporting Infrastructure with excellent scalability, large scale storage, and high performance becomes an effective way to implement parallel data processing and data mining algorithms. BC-PDM (Big Cloud based Parallel Data Miner) is a new MapReduce based parallel data mining platform developed by CMRI (China Mobile Research Institute) to fit the urgent requirements of business intelligence in telecommunication industry. In this paper, the architecture, functionality and performance of BC-PDM are presented, together with the experimental evaluation and case studies of its applications. The evaluation result demonstrates both the usability and the cost-effectiveness of Cloud Computing based Business Intelligence system in applications of telecommunication industry.
KeywordsBusiness Intelligence Cloud Computing BI application in telecommunication Industry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ghemawat, S., Gobioff, H., Leung, S.-T.: The google file system. In: Proceedings of 19th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (October 2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Hadoop, an open source implementing of MapReduce and GFS, http://hadoop.apache.org
- 3.Dean, J., Ghemawat, S.: Mapreduce: Simplified data processing on large clusters. In: Proceedings of OSDI 2004: Sixth Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (December 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ramaswamy, S.: Extreming Data Mining, Google Keynote speech in SIGMOD (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Ranger, C., et al.: Evaluating MapReduce for Multi-core and Multiprocessor Systems, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5795534100478091031
- 6.Chu, C.-T., et al.: MapReduce for Machine Learning on Multicore. In: NIPS 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Mahout, open source project on data mining algorithms based MapReduce, http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/