A New Approach for Veins Detection
This paper deals with a new approach for detection of finger veins. The method is split into four steps. The first of them consists of basic series of image filtering of the vein pattern and the other three are sequences of image filters for determination of the finger contour used for the background masking.
Keywordsfinger vein image filtering enhancement infrared light
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hitachi Finger Vein Authentication Technology (2009), http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/business/smart_solutions/finger_vein/ (cit. 2009-07-25)
- 2.Sony morfiria finger-vein biometric system (2009), http://www.slashgear.com/sony-mofiria-finger-vein-biometric-system-announced-0232716 (cit. 2009-07-25)
- 3.Bioaccez Controls Bio-Veinz finger vein reader (2009), http://www.bioaccez.com/en/articles/22/3/biometrics-products/Page3.html (cit. 2009-07-25)
- 4.M2SYS M2-FV finger vein reader (2009), http://www.m2sys.com/finger-vein-reader.htm (cit. 2009-07-25)
- 5.Aabacs finger vein authentication reader (2009), http://aabacs.com/main/p_ai200.php (cit. 2009-07-25)