A New Direction for TPC?
This paper gives the author’s opinion concerning the contributions the Transaction Processing Council (TPC) has made in the past, how it is viewed in the present by me and my colleagues, and offers some suggestions on where it should go in the future. In short, TPC has become vendor-dominated, and it is time for TPC to reinvent itself to serve its customer community.
KeywordsTransaction Processing Data Warehousing Benchmarking Standards
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anon, et al.: A Measure of Transaction Processing Power, Datamation (March 1985)Google Scholar
- 2.O’Neil, P.: https://www.cs/umb.edu/~poneil/StarSchemaB.pdf
- 3.Vogels, W.: Eventually Consistent. ACM Queue (April 15, 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Szalay, A.: Private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 7.Stonebraker, M., et al.: A Standard Science Benchmark. SciDB.org website, http://scidb.microartsdev.com
- 8.Abadi, D., Marcus, A., Madden, S., Hollenbach, K.: Scalable Semantic Web Data Management. In: Proc. 2007 VLDB Conference (August 2007)Google Scholar