Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC): Twenty Years Later – A Look Back, a Look Ahead
The Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC)  is a non-profit corporation founded to define transaction processing and database benchmarks and to disseminate objective, verifiable TPC performance data to the industry. Established in August 1988, the TPC has been integral in shaping the landscape of modern transaction processing and database benchmarks over the past twenty years. Today the TPC is developing an energy efficiency metric and a new ETL benchmark, as well as investigating new areas for benchmark development in 2010 and beyond.
KeywordsIndustry Standard Benchmark
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Transaction Performance Council website (TPC), http://www.tpc.org
- 2.Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation website (SPEC), http://www.spec.org
- 3.Shanley, K.: History and overview of the TPC, http://www.tpc.org/information/about/history.asp
- 6.TPC Invitation to Join, http://www.tpc.org/information/about/join.asp
- 7.IDEAS International, http://www.ideasint.blogs.com/ideasinsights/2008/10/twenty-years-of.html
- 8.TPC Benchmark Status Report, http://www.tpc.org/reports/status/default.asp