The Design of an Insulin Pump – Preliminary Requirements
The material presented in this paper is an attempt to lay down requirements for the planned design of an insulin pump. It seems important to establish proper requirements for a device before starting developing any design for an insulin dispensing device. This paper is a compilation of medical requirements along with user suggestions of presently offered insulin pumps. For a scientific point of view we are going to propose the closed loop insulin dispensing device with control built on the base of predictive neural network system. The blocks of such a systems are listed and main problems to overcome defined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tatoń, J.: Cukrzyca wymagająca wstrzyknięć insuliny – Poradnik dla pacjentów, 1st edn., p. 424. Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL, Warszawa (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Insulin pump, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_pump
- 3.Diabetes Mall - Comparison of Current Pumps, http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulin_pump_models.php
- 4.Accu-Chek Polska Word Wide Web, http://www.accu-chek.pl
- 5.Medtronic Word Wide Web, http://www.medtronic.pl
- 6.Roche Diagnostics Word Wide Web, http://www.rochediagnostics.pl/
- 7.Smith Medical Word Wide Web, http://www.smiths-medical.com/
- 8.Soil Word Wide Web, http://www.sooilusa.com
- 9.Lewenstein, K., Grabowski, M., Chojnacki, M.: A family of computer controlled infusion pumps – technology transfer from university to the small industry. Eng. Mechanics 12(3), 179–185 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Lewenstein, K., Chojnacki, M.: Cooperation of the university and the small firm – a family of computer controlled infusion pumps. In: 4th Int.Conf. inter-academia 2005, Wuppertal, vol. 1, pp. 49–56 (September 2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Cukrzyca i pompa insulinowa, http://www.pompiarze.pl
- 12.The Diabetes Mall Forums, http://www.diabetesnet.com/forum
- 13.Your Insulin Pump Proposals, http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2007/12/13/5586.html