HexaSphere with Cable Actuation
The paper deals with details of development of cable actuated version of spherical mechanism HexaSphere, a redundantly actuated mechanism with parallel kinematic structure. The cables can only transfer tension forces, stress load of the cables would make the mechanism collapse. That can be achieved by anti-backlash control principle. Anti-backlash area of mechanism HexaSphere is mapped first. Secondly actuation forces required for given trajectory and robot’s dynamics are computed and minimised by dimension optimisation.
KeywordsSign Vector Actuation Force Spherical Joint Spherical Motion Redundant Actuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Valasek, M., Karasek, M.: Kinematical Analysis of HexaSphere. In: Engineering Mechanics 2009 Conference Proceedings, pp. 1371–1378. ITAM Academy of Sciences of Czech republic (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Valasek, M.: Redundant Actuation and Redundant Measurement: The Mechatronic Principles for Future Machine Tools. In: Proc. of International Congress on Mechatronics MECH2K4, FME CTU, Prague, pp. 131–144 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Sulamanidze, D.: Spherical Joints with Increased Mobility, PhD Thesis, FME CTU in Prague (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Florian, M.: Active Stiffness and Anti-backlash Control of Redundant Parallel Robots, PhD Thesis, FME CTU in Prague (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Stejskal, V., Valasek, M.: Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery. Marcel Dekker, New York (1996)Google Scholar