Simulating Communication in a Service-Oriented Architecture for V2V Networks
A framework based on the concept of service-oriented architectures (SOA) to support the assessment of vehicular ad-hoc networks (VANET) is herein presented. Concepts related to SOA, as well as technologies that allow real-time data acquisition and dissemination within urban environments, and simulation tools to aid the simulation of VANET were preliminarily studied. A two-layered architecture was specified on the basis of the requirements for our simulation framework resulting in the specification of a multi-agent system formed of vehicle entities that are able to communicate and interact with each other and with their surrounding environment as well. A prototypical application was implemented, which was used to demonstrate the feasibility of the approach presented through experimental results.
KeywordsIntelligent Transportation Systems Service-Oriented Architectures Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication and Simulation Multi-Agent Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.McGovern, J., Tyagi, S., Stevens, M., Mathew, S.: Java Web Services Architecture. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Mello, H., Endler, M.: Identificação de Região de Congestionamento através de Comunicação Inter-veicular. Monografias em Ciência da Computação 26 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, Z.D., Kung, H., Vlah, D.: Ad hoc relay wireless networks over moving vehicles on highways. In: 2nd ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing, pp. 247–250 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Blum, J.J., Eskandarian, A., Hoffman, L.J.: Challenges of inter-vehicle ad hoc network. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 347–351 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Choffnes, D.R., Bustamante, F.E.: An Integrated Mobility and Traffic Model for Vehicular Wireless Networks. In: 2nd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET), pp. 65–78 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Saha, A., Johnson, D.: Modelling Mobility for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks. In: ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET), pp. 91–92 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Gonçalves, J.: Arquitectura baseada em serviços para redes veículo-a-veículo. Master’s Dissertation. FEUP, Porto (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Halonen, T., Ojaja, T.: Cross-Layer Design for Providing Service Oriented Architecture in a Mobile Ad hoc Network. In: 5th international Conference on Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia, paper 11 (2006) Google Scholar
- 10.Rossetti, R.J.F., Oliveira, E.C., Bazzan, A.L.C.: Towards a specification of a framework for sustainable transportation analysis. In: 13th Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Guimarães, Portugal (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Ferreira, P.A.F., Esteves, F.E., Rossetti, R.J.F., Oliveira, E.C.: A Cooperative Simulation Framework for Traffic and Transportation Engineering. In: 5th International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization, and Engineering, pp. 89–97 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Ferreira, P.A.F.: Specification and Implementation of an Artificial Transport System. Master’s Dissertation. FEUP, Porto (2008)Google Scholar