A Computer Vision System for Visual Grape Grading in Wine Cellars
This communication describes a computer vision system for automatic visual inspection and classification of grapes in cooperative wine cellars. The system is intended to work outdoors, so robust algorithms for preprocessing and segmentation are implemented. Specific methods for illumination compensation have been developed. Gabor filtering has been used for segmentation. Several preliminary classification schemes, using artificial neural networks and Random Forest, have also been tested. The obtained results show the benefits of the system as a useful tool for classification and for objective price fixing.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.JAI - Industrial CCD/CMOS cameras, http://www.jai.com
- 5.Schneider Optics, http://www.schneideroptics.com
- 6.Bradski, G., Kaehler, A.: Learning OpenCV. O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Martin, F.: Analysis Tools for Gray Level Histograms. In: Proc. of SPPRA-2003, pp. 11–16 (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Russ, J.C.: The Image Processing Handbook, 5th edn. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2007)Google Scholar