Dependently Typed Programming in Agda
In Hindley-Milner style languages, such as Haskell and ML, there is a clear separation between types and values. In a dependently typed language the line is more blurry - types can contain (depend on) arbitrary values and appear as arguments and results of ordinary functions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Agda mailing list (2008), https://lists.chalmers.se/mailman/listinfo/agda
- 2.The Agda wiki (2008), http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~ulfn/Agda
- 3.Altenkirch, T., McBride, C., McKinna, J.: Why dependent types matter. Manuscript (April 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Norell, U.: Towards a practical programming language based on dependent type theory. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, SE-412 96 Göteborg, Sweden (September 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Oury, N., Swierstra, W.: The power of pi. In: Accepted for presentation at ICFP (2008)Google Scholar