Sharing Distributed Resources in LearnWeb2.0
The success of recent Web 2.0 platforms shows that people share information and resources within their social community and beyond. The use of these platforms in an e-learning context has been limited, though. One reason for this is the fact that most of these platforms only support specific media types, and teachers trying to assemble learning resources have to login to and use several Web 2.0 tools at once to access all relevant resources. In this paper, we present LearnWeb2.0, an integrated environment we implemented for sharing Web 2.0 resources, which improves support for learners and educators in sharing, discovering, and managing learning resources distributed across different platforms. LearnWeb2.0 integrates ten popular resource sharing and social networking systems, and provides advanced features for organizing and sharing distributed learning resources in a collaborative environment.
Keywordsresource sharing distributed learning resources knowledge management LearnWeb2.0
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Demidova, E., Kärger, P., Olmedilla, D., Ternier, S., Duval, E., Dicerto, M., Mendez, C., Stefanov, K.: Services for knowledge resource sharing & management in an open source infrastructure for lifelong competence development. In: Intl. Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), Niigata, Japan (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ullrich, C., Borau, K., Luo, H., Tan, X., Shen, L., Shen, R.: Why Web 2.0 is good for learning and for research: principles and prototypes. In: Proc. of 17th Intl. World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Beijing, China, pp. 705–714 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Marenzi, I., Demidova, E., Nejdl, W., Zerr, S.: Social software for lifelong competence development: Challenges and infrastructure. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 18–23 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Morris, M., Horvitz, E.: SearchTogether: An interface for collaborative web search. In: Proceedings of 20th ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST), Newport, USA, pp. 3–12 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Abel, F., Frank, M., Henze, N., Krause, D., Plappert, D., Siehndel, P.: GroupMe! Where Semantic Web meets Web 2.0. In: Aberer, K., Choi, K.-S., Noy, N., Allemang, D., Lee, K.-I., Nixon, L.J.B., Golbeck, J., Mika, P., Maynard, D., Mizoguchi, R., Schreiber, G., Cudré-Mauroux, P. (eds.) ASWC 2007 and ISWC 2007. LNCS, vol. 4825, pp. 871–878. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar